The Hood River Valley is home to more than just bountiful orchards and rolling vineyards. It is also the home of the Hood River Harvest Ride, a family-friendly bike ride down the valley’s less traveled roads. This is a great ride for a good cause – all proceeds benefit Hood River Residents Committee and their efforts to protect the livability of the valley’s cities and rural areas. There are five separate loops to choose from, each taking you past orchards and farms of the Hood River Valley with spectacular views of Mount Hood.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Location: Hood River, Ore.
- Start Area: Hood River County Fairgrounds, 3020 Wyeast Road
- Distance: Choose your length! The race offers 6 mile, 13.5 mile, 16.2 mile, 27.4 mile course, and a 30.6 loop.
- Pre-registration deadline: Friday, September 20
- Race Date: Saturday, September 21, 2013
- Start Time: 8:00 a.m.