Instead of racing to the stores this Black Friday, stay out of traffic and plan a party to watch the Apple Cup. Kicking off November 29 at 12:30 p.m. PST, the anticipated yearly match between the Huskies and the Cougs isn’t one you want to miss.
To help you plan your party, we’ve gathered creative (and healthy) apple appetizer ideas that are sure to wow any guest.
- Easy Apple Pecan Slices – Quick, healthy and delicious, this recipe from Between Your Ears can be made in minutes. Slice up your favorite type of apple, top with a slice of cheese, raw pecans and honey, and enjoy.
- Apple Avocado Salsa – A football tailgate isn’t complete without chips and salsa. Try a twist on the traditional fare and whip of a batch of Diethood’s apple avocado salsa with a honey-lime dressing. It’s refreshing, healthy and addictive.
- Baked Crispy Chicken Fingers and Apple Fries – Skip the fried chicken and fries – you won’t miss it with this healthy alternative from Babble. The chicken is oven baked and covered in crushed whole grain flakes, while the “fries” are made from oven baked apples and fresh thyme.
- Roasted Red Pepper and Apple Dip – We couldn’t list appetizers without adding a great dip. This version from Ricki Heller caught our eye for its creativity and healthy benefits. The dip is great with baked pita chips or as a sauce on grilled tofu or roasted veggies.
- Apple Gouda Quesadillas – More of a splurge, this recipe from Recipe 4 Living offers a change to the traditional quesadilla. Substitute whole wheat tortillas for the flour to get in a good serving of whole grains.
- Apple, Kohlrabi and Pomegranate Endive Salad – If you’re planning a full meal, this salad is an excellent side option. The Kosher Spoon has put together this fresh salad recipe that offers a crunch of apples and a nice color surprise from the pomegranates.
Have any apple recipe ideas of your own? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below!