Welcome to LifeWise Kitchen! We’ve teamed up with Bastyr University, Guckenheimer, and Northwest chefs and nutritionists to provide you with healthy and delicious recipes all year long. Check out our latest post — a refreshing avocado-mint acai bowl from Amber Lagerwey — in the LifeWise Kitchen series below.
Are you looking for an exotic twist on breakfast that will breathe new life into your morning routine? One that’s not just incredibly nutritious, but tasty and easy on the eyes?
Meet Acai (ah-saw-ee), an Amazonian superfood that’s chalk full of antioxidants, fiber and omega fatty acids. An Acai bowl is a veritable breakfast powerhouse that will leave your stomach full and your body energized. This deliciously refreshing Avocado-Mint Acai Bowl recipe will kick-off your day with a healthy boost— perfect for fueling up before hitting the outdoors as warmer weather rolls in.
Avocado-Mint Acai Bowl
Serving Size: 2
- ¾ cups plain yogurt
- ½ medium avocado
- ½ cup of frozen mango
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped mint, loosely packed
- 2 packs frozen, unsweetened acai smoothie packs (e.g. Sambazon Pure)
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- ½ banana
- Macadamia nuts, raw and coarsely chopped
- Hazelnuts, raw and coarsely chopped
- Sliced strawberries
- Shredded coconut
- Cocoa nibs
- Sprinkle of poppy seeds
- Combine the plain yogurt, avocado, frozen mango and chopped mint and blend until smooth. Split mixture between two bowls and set aside.
- Combine acai smoothie packs, coconut milk and banana and blend until mixture is smooth and frosty-like.
- Add blended mixture to the bowls containing the avocado yogurt. Top bowls generously, or to preference, with topping options.
Copyright 2013, Amber Lagerwey. Original Recipe