LifeWise Kitchen: Wilted Spinach Salad with Orange-Curry Dressing
Welcome to LifeWise Kitchen! We’ve teamed up with Nourish Northwest, Bastyr University and Guckenheimer to provide you with healthy and delicious recipes all year long. Check out our latest post in the LifeWise Kitchen series below, a summer recipe from Nourish Northwest.
Spinach is a hero among foods. This versatile vegetable goes with just about anything (even smoothies!), is loaded with vital nutrients and packs a fiber punch. Sneak more spinach into your diet by trying this zesty salad recipe that uses citrus flavors and a bit of spice to give it a pop of summer. To make it a meal, pair with your favorite protein. Consider these recipes for grass-fed burgers or fresh fettuccine in our Summer Farmers Market Recipes post.
Wilted Spinach Salad with Orange-Curry Dressing
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, preferably hot
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried goji berries
- 2 tablespoon dried cherries, halved
- 1 pound fresh spinach, stemmed and washed (6 to 7 cups)
- Simmer the orange juice, garlic, curry powder, shallots and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat until it is reduced to ¼ cup, about 10 minutes.
- Combine the reduced orange juice mixture with olive oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and sauté spinach and dried fruit until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add half of the dressing and warm through.
- Divide salad among four plates. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the greens.
- Serve immediately.