If you’re looking for a healthy holiday dish, look no further! This Artichoke Frittata is a perfect brunch recipe that will wow your guests.
In ancient times, the artichoke was used as an aphrodisiac, a diuretic, a breath freshener and even a deodorant. Thankfully, someone realized that we are better off eating artichokes than wearing them. This veggie is not only delicious but also full of health benefits – artichokes are a great source of folate, dietary fiber, vitamins C and K, and are No. 7 on the USDA’s list for 20 Common Foods With the Most Antioxidants. This artichoke frittata recipe makes for a healthy, quick and simple meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Makes six servings
- 2 ½ lbs artichoke hearts, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Drain the artichoke hearts thoroughly and sauté quickly in hot olive oil. Add garlic and parsley, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, artichoke mixture, seasoning and basil.
- Coat two 2-inch-deep hotel pans with oil. Fill with egg mixture.
- Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes or until done.
- Cut into 12 triangles and serve.
To cook artichokes, thoroughly rinse the artichoke and then place in a large pot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and cook until a skewer pierces through the leaves easily. Cooking time will vary based on the size of the artichoke, but the normal range is between 20 to 40 minutes.
Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area by two healthcare professionals, Guckenheimer is an onsite specialty foodservice company dedicated to the philosophy that health and productivity at work is achieved through exceptional food and dining experiences. With more than 2,470 employees serving accounts across 31 states, Guckenheimer is leading the industry with evolved employee health and wellness programs led by registered dieticians, customized menu creations and fresh meals-from-scratch prepared with sustainable and organic ingredients, locally sourced when available. All accounts are led by professional chefs trained in the culinary arts and fine-dining. Visit www.guckenheimer.com.